A solar inverter converts a direct current (the kind of electricity your solar panel generates) into an alternating current (the kind of electricity that the electrical grid uses.
In other words, it turns the harvested energy from the sun into usable electricity that can power your home and appliances.
SolarEdge PV Inverter
The SolarEdge PV inverter is a single-phase inverter that utilizes sophisticated technology and design to efficiently and reliably harvest solar energy and convert it into usable electricity. Its performance can also be monitored through the web for easy fault detection and troubleshooting.
A single-phase inverter only focuses on converting DC to AC since power tracking and voltage management per solar panel is being done separately from power optimizers. This configuration ensures efficiency, regardless of temperature and string length.
SolarEdge also has the StorEdge Solution in their single-phase inverter, which ensures the energy generated by the solar system and stored in the solar battery is managed properly.
Features of a Single-Phase Inverter
- Designed to work perfectly with power optimizers
- Highly efficient
- Lightweight for hassle-free installation
- Has a 12-year warranty and extreme reliability
- Can be monitored via the internet
- Can be installed indoors or outdoor
- Maximum safety; design to quickly detect and correct faults or shut down when needed
- UL1741 SA Certified
HD-Wave: Lightweight, Designed for Optimal Efficiency and Safety
SolarEdge won the 2016 Intersolar Award and the 2018 Edison Award with its HD-wave technology inverter. This single-phase inverter is designed to be compatible with the SolarEdge power optimizers. It comes with a 12-year warranty, which can be extended to up to 25 years.
The HD wave is lighter and much easier to store, transport, and install. It’s able to create a good sine wave, which renders some cooling elements and magnetics useless. Their absence in the structure greatly reduced the weight of the inverter, making it installable by one person.
The HD wave is also 99% efficient, which means it can convert almost all the harvested solar energy into usable electricity. This makes the buying and installing of the HD-wave inverter more cost-efficient, and you can expect an ROI sooner.
Major benefits of the HD-Wave Inverter
- Designed to be compatible with power optimizers
- Has an inverter range of up to 6 kilowatts
- Extremely light, small, and easy to store, transport, and install
- Can be installed by one person indoors or outdoors
- With a 99% efficiency rating
- Highly reliable
- Incredibly safe to use; has an early fault detection system and auto shut down response
- 12-year warranty, extendable to 25 years
- Can communicate via the internet for easier performance monitoring and control
- Manages energy produced by the PV system and stored in solar battery